Monday, July 29, 2013

Birthday Camping

I had a birthday. Oliver has stopped worrying about silly things like ages. That's okay, luckily he still loves me. Even after 2 nights of camping with no shower.
We drove up on a Thursday night because Oliver was wise enough to realize we wouldn't likely get a spot on Friday. We camped at Trial Lake Campground off the Mirror Lake Highway. Our plan was to get out of the heat. We did that. It was around 40 degrees each night. 
The perfectly numbered campsite.


My boys gave me a hammock for my birthday (and a pink birthday crown).

I don't know, but it reminds me of Hulk.

The hammock was a hit with everyone in the family.

Fudge bars are pretty mandatory for my birthday.

"Happy Birthday to you!" "To me?"

Making fire!

Trial Lake with Mt. Watson and Notch Mountain.

Notch Mountain behind Trial Lake

My blue eyed boy.

Some awesome flowers that we found that Oliver shockingly didn't know right away.

"Hut Hut Hut Hut Hut Hut"

I told him to just throw his rocks, so yeah...he's totally posing for the picture.
 I had one request for Oliver, I wanted to feel special on my birthday. So he decided we should go camping. He got up with Evan and took him on a long walk so I could go back to sleep. He made breakfast, lunch and dinner. Natalie came up for a short visit with cake and ice cream. The weather was beautiful. My sons were great. We had a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Becca Bird said...

I love it! What an Awesome Birthday! Happy Birthday!

B said...

This was very happy to read, Megan. Happy birthday, my beautiful friend! (just a little late :) ) So glad to hear it was a lovely celebration. Miss you.

rantipoler said...

This looks wonderful! Happy belated birthday!

James and Shawnne said...

And that looks like the prettiest place to camp ever! happy birthday...way late! :)