Today we celebrated the birth of our handsome son Ryan. He woke up and Oliver could here him singing "It's my birthday!" while still in his room. He was very excited to come into the living room and see a few balloons and a bright banner declaring "Happy Birthday Ryan!" He didn't get too much down time in the morning though because at 10am, 3 of his new friends came over to celebrate with him. Kaylin, Josh & Clay went with Ryan, Oliver & Beth to the bowling alley! They had a great time.
 |
| The silly hams who are sad they got a gutter ball with the bowling aid. |
 |
| The happy bowlers |
After they were done, they came back for some little pizzas, playing, opening presents and making Angry Bird cupcakes. Several months ago, Ryan came across a youtube video where a woman teaches you how to make cupcakes look like Angry Birds. He was fascinated by it and never forgot about it. He also never forgot about my saying he could have them on his birthday.
 |
| Playing some volleyball |
 |
| Decorating an Angry Bird cupcake. |
 |
| Creations made by Beth, Oliver & I. Photo taken by Oliver. |
He had so much fun. We walked the kids home and then he was lucky enough to be allowed to go play with them at Clay's house and then Kaylin's house for the rest of the afternoon.
 |
| Beth & Ryan...and others. |
I'm trying to adjust to my son being five. To him being more independent. To him playing at other people's houses alot. To him riding a bike, bringing home thoughts, phrases and ideas from his friends. To learning to like his friends. To him being in kindergarten in two months.
We're so grateful to have this guy in our family. We may not always agree. You may not like it when we say no or tell you to stop doing things, but you are so curious and good at problem solving. We love you.
 |
| First bike ride. |
3 comments:
Happy birthday, Ryan!!! I find myself in a constant state of adjusting too, Megan, and I appreciated your thoughts on the topic.
I am also impressed by your mad cupcake skills. Well done! Sounds like a super fun time. :)
Happy Birthday to Ryan!What a fun celebration!
Happy birthday to Ryan! I can't believe he is 5, but then again I have to remember that I've lived in Texas for 3 years, so 5 sounds about right! I remember him being super tiny when I was getting to know you. Can't believe it's been that long.
Post a Comment