Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ups then some Downs

Wow. Today has been overwhelming. Not too overwhelming, so maybe just whelming? Well, more than I wanted in one day. I've already been in contemplation of some decisions but I was thinking about some of them this morning. Can I handle another long distance drive with just the boys? Would Ryan benefit from preschool or not, if so which one? Do we need a vehicle change in our household?
Then as I was in a different part of the house, I hear a CRASH! Never a good sign in anyone's home. I came out to find that Ryan, not Evan had moved our floor lamp and then knocked it over making a lovely pile of broken glass in the living room. As I was about finished with the clean up, Ryan starts to cry. He had been putting something in his mouth that he shouldn't have and it ended up going further than expected and hurt the interior of his mouth. It was a moment of panic in trying to find what to do. I didn't have a car at that moment and Oliver was still in a class at that moment. I tried to call two different local clinics which apparently both take lunch at the same time. I finally got in touch with another one that wasn't entirely helpful because at the moment we're still on my insurance instead of Oliver's and the receptionist suggested I call my insurance to find an approved carrier. Luckily, during this conversation with the woman "I'm not medically trained, but you should get that looked at!", I realized that I could call our previous pediatrician since we haven't changed any documents over to a new pediatrician closer to us yet and they don't take lunch until after 1 instead of 12-1. Even luckier, a nurse answered and was able to help me. Whew.
So Ryan has had a rough day, and I've been in decision overload. Never a good thing for me. :) So many decisions to make. Not a horrible day, but not so great either. Hooray for tender mercies.

2 comments:

mom2_7 BRADYS said...

Just when you think you've got it figured out, the rules change.
Or the child changes and surprises you with the new changes.
I am So sorry Ryan had a rough day. I'm glad he didn't require emergency medical care... then Something else new would have been a part of your day.
Decision overload is an interesting term. I think it happens to me as well. I think you probably deal with it better than I do. You are so skilled, talented, & perceptive!
Did I ever tell you my theory about kids and growth? Seems the first 6 months of an age are rough as they become that age. Ryan is still just learning "4".
SILYM

B said...

"Decision overload"--blug. :( Glad it turned out alright. HUG. P.S. "Whelming"? haha, love it! :)