Sunday, August 19, 2012

Moving


Somehow we managed to pack all of our stuff and move it into a U-Haul. We had some great help from a former RA Jeremy, current RA Mike, HA spouse/home teacher Josh, and my visiting teacher and her husband. Another HA husband, Trevor, showed up at the end, but did a few things. :) And of course, Natalie, my beloved sister was there moving and packing. Oliver's mom was a huge help by taking the boys and watching them all day long.
Oliver moved most of the furniture to the living room the night before to make it easier the next day.
Josh and Jeremy and Oliver somehow got "the beast" into the  truck.
We moved all our stuff, stayed in the house one night, and then returned to Utah County so I could finalize work stuff and truly be moved out. We were blessed to stay at the Creekhouse(what we call the house Oliver's parents' bought and his grandma lives in) and were treated wonderfully. Monday August 6th I turned all of my work stuff over to my boss and then was blessed to have a wonderful Wyview Family Dinner with a few other invited friends.
 Allison and Kristina from Heritage 2008-2009
Jeremy, Kate, & Valerie from Wyview 2010-2011(& Deanna's baby boy)
 Rhea, Mike, Matt, & Ryan from Wyview 2011-2012
 Mike, Mike, Mikaela, Jenny & Karina from Wyview Summer term 2012.
 Deanna & Ben. Awesome friends and coworkers.
 The only picture of Crystal I got. She refused to say goodbye to me so she gets to put up with whatever photos I decide to post. :)
 Hall Advisors I don't get to work with anymore. Kristen, Cami, Jessica, & Natalie. "I totally don't know you're taking my picture."
 Lessa, Becky & Lori. Inspirational women whom I am blessed to know.
 Because we lingered to the end, Oliver willingly played with the kids that were still around.
 Ryan & Julia.
 The view that Oliver will miss.
I was given this beauty as a going away gift. It is filled with notes from those in Residence Life and with the BYU Mint Truffles. I was supposed to read a note and eat a truffle, but I couldn't stop myself from reading the notes in a few days and those truffles are gone (luckily, Becky was smart enough to give me an extra bag).
The next day we drove to our new home because we needed to be available for our next happy delivery.
 
 Grass & trees!
 Our very own washer and dryer. It's a beautiful thing.

I am grateful for the things I learned and the people I met during my long time in BYU Residence Life. I think I truly am ready now for our current adventure.

4 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Wow! It's hard to believe you guys won't be there anymore, either, but you did a lot better job taking goodbye pictures than we did! Also, I am extremely excited for you to have your own washer and dryer!!!!

Kristen said...

Congrats on the move & the washer/dryer! I remember when we got ours and how "grown-up" we felt! :)

mom2_7 BRADYS said...

I love the music of your washer & dryer (along with the lock)! Who KNEW doing laundry could be so fun!
Thanks for being a great hostess this week.
(I miss you all tremendously already)

B said...

1) I love you, Megan.
2) I love that you still found ways to be at RA training and hopefully got to see some of your genius come to life. And that I got to see you. And that hug you gave me in the parking lot on the way back from lunch. I so needed that hug.
3) I love that picture of Ryan and Julia. And your face in the picture of Lori, Lessa, and me. ;)
4) I love that you have your own washer/dryer now and don't have to go to the laundromat anymore.
5) I love that you are feeling ready for your current adventure.
6) I love you. Yes, I already said that. Couldn't say it enough, friend! :)