Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 11th’s Eleven

1

1. Oliver has been a Cougar and a Wolverine, now he’s going to be an Eagle. He had a meeting at his new school on the 11th.

11

2. After dropping Daddy off, we went to the bookstore...

2

3. …because I felt the need to work on my day off. It frustrated Evan because I wouldn’t let him out of the stroller and after eating all of this woman’s taffy from her candy jar, Ryan got bored so he took a ton of photos.

3

4. Then we went to lunch. The boys were able to enjoy themselves much more.

4

5. Oliver and I went on a date! We rode a tram at Snowbird Ski Resort to the top of Hidden Peak.

5

6. We were going to hike to the Salt Lake County highpoint-the American Fork Twin Peaks.

6

7. I said “were” because as the “trail” turned into what you see in the bottom right hand corner, I was a little uncomfortable and didn’t want to fall off a mountain. Not an easy hike for someone who hasn’t climbed a mountain in several years. So Oliver was kind to me and we turned around.

7

8. He saw a bird and was trying to chase it down.

8

9. So we went the other direction (east) toward Baldy Mountain and enjoyed the scenery, all of the flowers, and each other.

9

10. Even though we didn’t make it to the top of the tallest mountain, we were still on top of the world for a few hours.

10

11. While we were hiking, the boys were in heaven, playing with Grandma all afternoon. We all slept well that night.

2 comments:

Oliver Hansen said...

Megan, you are super cute.

Kristen said...

I agree with Oliver, Meg- you look great on top of that mountain!