It's fall, it's beautiful, it's crisp and colorful and I love it. We celebrated Halloween on Saturday by making the boys wear their adorable handmade-from-a-sheet-by-Grandma scrubs all day long. In the afternoon we went Trick or Treating to Heritage Halls where we visited an old RA/babysitter and then went to one other building and by the time we went up and down the stairs, it was pouring outside. POURING! It was beautiful. But wet. And we'd gotten enough candy for two little boys who didn't really know what was going on. One little boy who kept inviting himself into apartments and another little boy who refused to say "Trick or Treat" even though we'd practiced a little before trying it. They were very cute little doctors.

I'm sad to report that we never made it to a pumpkin patch this year. No fabulously festive farm before Halloween. I'd had visions of having a pumpkin themed holiday. Going to a patch, bringing a pumpkin home and maybe trying to carve a pumpkin with the boys. It never happened. But I was still able to involve pumpkins into the holiday by making pumpkin cream cheese spread which we had on bagels this morning and I ended the day with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Two never before tried recipes that were a great success. Hooray for fall!
1 comment:
cute costumes- and there's always next year for failed plans. :)
Post a Comment