Monday, February 15, 2010

Who's teaching who?

To you and me it might look like Evan is hurting Ryan

But this is what Evan is trying to do:
It is breaking our heart trying to figure out how to teach Evan that his way of hugging everyone and everything might occasionally be hurting them. Even though we've been constantly telling him "No pulling hair," "Be soft," or "OK no more hugs," we have been taken aback by the overwhelming love he shows to everyone, whether it be grandma, sunbeam classmate, litte brother, aunt, or random girl in our building. I wish there was a way to tell people "I promise that even though he may pull your hair, gouge your eyes, or scratch your neck while hugging you, he's just trying to tell you he loves you."

3 comments:

Beth said...

His hair pulling is totally worth it!

Shayla Taylor said...

I LOVE Evan hugs. :)

Megan Lewis said...

Evan is such a special spirit. I know that he blesses the lives he touches and maybe he helps remind us what love is about. Even if some cannot see it right away.