When Oliver proposed to me, he said it was so hard to keep it a secret because we spent so much time together and we told each other everything. I think I finally understand how he felt. About a month ago, I decided that I was going to surprise Oliver. I spoke to Oliver's mom and sister about watching the boys overnight. I looked at the website of the only bed and breakfast in town and tried to decide where to stay without asking Oliver's opinion(that was hard). It did make me giggle every time I did something sneaky. So I got that all squared away, but then I had to figure out how to get him there without the boys and not tell him what was going on. So I had to make up a story to get Beth and Karen over to our house on normal terms-dinner it turned out to be. Oliver made a great dinner and then I realized I hadn't come up with a story of how to get him out of the house in a nonsuspicious way. Since I didn't have anything come to me, I simply "asked" Karen and Beth if they could watch the boys for us for a little bit. To make a long story short, Oliver was completely surprised and we had a beautiful night of relaxation.
And here is my plug now for Hines Mansion. I had a great experience from making the reservation all the way to checking out. When I called with questions, I had them answered and felt more comfortable with setting the reservation since we had never stayed in a bed & breakfast before. One benefit of our stay was that we were the only ones there since it was in the middle of the week. The have a lovely living room area with games and puzzles. They have a bookshelf full of videos to borrow and watch in your room. They have fresh baked cookies for you when you check in(they were really good) as well as a bottle of sparkling pear juice. We did take advantage of being the only ones in the house and checked out the other rooms since the doors were all open. Its just a very beautiful building. We could have gone on a very peaceful walk outside as it isn't in a very busy neighborhood but also close enough to downtown Provo that we could have made it an even more entertaining evening if I wasn't paranoid about leaving my babies with someone other than me. It was such a nice relaxing night and then this morning we had a delicious breakfast of whole wheat pecan pancakes, bacon, parfait, and fruit. I loved it! I was sad to leave and hope that we can make another trip there soon.
The only downside was that I think we made Beth have a not soo good night. Ryan decided to wake Evan up at 4am and it was just a rough night for her. I am so sorry Beth. I think the next time we leave the boys with someone over night, Ryan will have to be older and be able to sleep through the night. Thank you for sacrificing your sleep, Beth!
If anyone wants to spend a beautiful evening and feel pampered: go to Hines Mansion. You'll love it. And I loved surprising Oliver!
5 comments:
You are so awesome!! I dream of a surprise like that, way to go with coordinating it.
Although that sounds like a lot of fun, and good for you to have an awesome surprise for your love, I was hoping the topic "Surprise" meant something perhaps smaller and that hangs out in your tummy for 9 months... :-)
What a cool idea! I am glad it worked out so well. It is always so good to have some re-centering time. It makes you appreciate everything just that much more.
ps I love love love bed and breakfast spots they are so cozy!
Sneaky Sneaky wife!
How fun! I didn't even know we had a bed & breakfast in Provo.
Post a Comment