What is one thing that you feel you accomplished in the last year?
What is our Heavenly Father's happiness?
What is something you are going to CREATE this year?
What is something you are going to do to improve the "world within you?"
What can you do this year to better emulate the Savior by being compassionate?
Great questions to ponder and answer for yourself.
So here are some of the goals I've thought of for myself.
1. Create a happy, healthy home for my family by
a. creating a bedtime ritual (so far so good!)
b. get organized
c. taking each day at a time and giving enough time to everything/everyone each day.
2. Create a happy, healthy me by
a. exercising
b. eating healthier
c. taking time for myself
3. Create a happy, healthy relationship with my husband by
a. showing him appreciation
b. communicating about life
c. dating him!
Okay, so that's really cheesy and open ended. I would love to achieve all these. I would hope that by creating those things, I will also be able to be more compassionate. I do have some ideas of specifics, but aren't quite sure if thye are definite...like doing a triathlon, and going to a national park. I want to celebrate my 5th anniversary by doing something out of the ordinary.
It's fun to think of all these things as this year begins, and I hope that I can achieve at least half of them. Happy 2009!

9 comments:
(lori) Love that picture, Megan! And what beautiful goals!!
i agree! It makes me want to do the same thing!
Such an adorable picture- what cute little boys! I hope you have a great year, too! Sounds like some good resolutions. :)
I think those are awesome goals. In fact, I'm feeling rather inspired by them. I need to set some of my own.
I love that picture! I admire your goals! I need to set some definite ones myself. Good luck with yours! I'm sure you'll do great things this year.
Fred-I love your post. I've been thinking a lot about those things lately. I love how you defined all of them. Thanks for the inspiration to re-examine my goals and to set more detailed goals and ways to achieve those goals! Hope you guys are doing well! Im not sure if you guys have been invited to our blog or not, but email me your email address at maughank@gmail.com and I'll invite you to come to our blog, if you want! Take care!!
wait, tell me about "uproar"? Is this a Utah thing or have I missed it just not being in RS? Pray tell. The last uproar I remember was from the General RS Pres. the Sept. before this past one.
Yeah-I didn't hear uproar either here in AZ but I did absolutely love that talk. I've thought about it and I think you have wonderful, wonderful goals.
well for Sherie and Emily. I don't really know if anyone else feels this way, but i've just had a lot of people mention this talk a lot in a lot of different areas. It is pretty amazing so it makes sense, but it is possible that the uproar is really just in my head. :)
Post a Comment