Friday, August 8, 2008

8.8.08

So this post is not original material. Don't worry though, it is very inspiring and while this blog states that this is the view of the world from our little corner, this post is a view from a much distant corner; Oliver's dad who is serving our country across the ocean in Qatar. He started off his daily email by saying that in Ecclesiastes we read there is a time and a place for everything. His closing statement was that what the preacher in Ecclesiastes didn't warn us about was that "sometimes the time for everything is the same day."
Here are the reasons:
Three very unique things happened today that in normal situations have their own time and place. Gilbert stated these three to be Love, Peace, & War.
Love: While I know that a million (that's a guess) couples are getting married today because of the unique date, love hits a little closer to home because Oliver's brother proposed to his girlfriend today. Congrats Chris & Jen! And for me, Pop flew into town tonight and I love my Papa!
Skipping over to war: Gilbert informed me in his email(since I hadn't seen it on the news) that Russia had began "fresh" fighting today in Georgia.
And finally, peace: The Olympics opening ceremony was this evening. I wasn't home for the whole thing, but turned the TV on real quick at 10:30 and was able to only see the last 30 minutes of what had been an amazing show. One thing I found interesting, especially in connection to Gilbert's comments, was that the theme of the Olympics this year is "One World, One Dream." What an amazing and inspiring theme for the world today. And if that isn't a vote for peace, I don't know how to say it better.
So Gilbert, I agree with you, who knew that there could be so many things happen on the same day?! I hope, as you do, that those reading this are with the ones they love and enjoying a peaceful evening, night, morning, or day.

No comments: