Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Year of 5

All photos from my phone-hence the lack of quality and diversity-Beth has since given us some beautiful images and is taking more portraits of our handsome man.
On the 5th day of 2015, we became a family of 5.
Scott joined our family at 8:59pm with a head of black hair and looking like a beautiful combination of his two older brothers.
We were a bit nervous going into this, not knowing when he'd come. Evan was born a week earlier than his due date. Ryan was born a week later. Scott came right on the due date. Oliver's mom and sister were luckily already staying with us which made the day much easier. I had gone about my day normally, with a doctor's appointment in the morning, where the labor kind of got its start. I had swim practice that afternoon and came home to tell Oliver that contractions had started. I sat down and played dominoes and Cupcake Race with Ryan, Karen & Beth. As I decided to start timing my contractions, Oliver said: I need to go in, clean my desk, and leave some sub plans. So away he went as I went around making sure I had what I needed to go to the hospital.
I called Oliver to tell him it was time to go and he had just finished things in his room and was heading home. Then he, Beth and I drove to the hospital where an hour later, our third handsome son came into this world.

My reward for giving birth. :)

 Its been a week and we've had lots of joy and love. Beth stayed with us for a few more days and was a great help with Evan & Ryan, especially on the day after Scott's birth, which was Grandpa's birthday. Luckily, Grandpa got to visit his newest grandson as a birthday present. Natalie was also able to visit her newest nephew that evening and again on Sunday.
Little "Tito"
Grandma has been an enormous blessing during this week and I've been able to stay in my pajamas all day and not step back into reality yet. She has been taking care of Evan and getting the boys to and from school as well as helping with dinner. Evan has loved having her here and interrupting her nightly Facetime chats with Grandpa.
Scott is adorable. Ryan loves that we have a little baby and that he's a big brother. Evan loves Scott too, but unfortunately, doesn't have the ability to be gentle, so Scott already has two small scratches from his big brother.
Five. A family of five.
Almost two weeks old in this photo
Beth was thoughtful and wanted to take some family photos for us before this change occurred. So on Saturday, the 3rd, we drove up the canyon, and took pictures of our family of 4. We have been a family of 4 for 6 1/2 years.
And now, in 2015, we will forever be a family of 5.

5 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you! He's such a cute, tiny little boy!!! It's hard to remember how little they start out - and I had one only 7 months ago. It goes by really fast!

Marci said...

I LOVE this! I can't wait to see your family pictures! I miss you, lady!

B said...

Congratulations, family of five! Megan, it was so wonderful to see you and meet Scott on Saturday. Thanks for letting me snuggle him. I appreciate, admire, and love you, lady.

Becca Bird said...

What a sweet baby! I'm so glad everything went well. Congratulations he looks precious!

Kristen said...

Congrats! It's been so long since I've checked blogger and it saddens me some of the connections I've lost because of it. But what a shock and a surprise to see you've had another boy! Hopefully things are going well for you and your family of FIVE!