Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 14th Moments

Still no camera...ahem..I should get on that.
1. Bacon hearts and heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
2. Beth, Evan & Ryan as I said goodbye.
3. A charter bus full of swimmers & little cuties that said "ORANGE you glad it's Valentines Day? Good luck at State!"
4. Lunch in Provo(on the corner of Bulldog & University Avenue). Feeling close to old memories & friends, yet so far away.
5. Apparently, Evan got into Beth's room while she was in the shower and decided to redecorate with toothpaste.
6. Having a meeting in "the dungeon" underneath the BYU pool deck & hearing an assistant director from UHSAA share the Olympic creed and thinking about how it applies to the high school swimmers at that moment for this state meet.
7. The excitement on the faces of the 21 students we took to the meet, whether they were swimming or not that day, we made them get in and warm up and go off the awesome blocks.
8. The valentine box I left on the doorstep of our house for the boys to find. Filled with all sorts of fun love stuff: a Hershey kiss matching game(put different images on the bottoms & play memory), a fortune teller/cootie catcher with knock knock jokes on the inside, 2 different nectars, a box of brownie mix, some watercolors to be used on a white hearts that I'd written secret messages on with white crayon.
9. My adorable sister as she lounged on my hotel room bed while I waited to get the swimmers back on the bus.
10. The giant line at Golden Corral...followed by the line at Chuck-a-Rama, but at which we at least got tables seated next to each other thanks to a wise mother of 3 of our swimmers. This would also include the ridiculous laughter of the swimmers I was sitting with as we ate too much and found humor in ridiculous things.
11. One swimmer offering to help an older woman get food & another swimmer stopping a man in uniform in order to shake his hand and tell him thank you for his service.
12. The swimmers climbing on the slide at the University Mall treehouse.
13. Feeling like a high schooler again when I played dress up in Macy's with a few young women.
14. The swimmers running off the bus to follow the coach into Toys 'R Us for 20 minutes.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have loved to see the memories--yet am so glad you took the time to record the captions!
What a nice slice of Feb. 2014.