Friday, May 11, 2012

Bringing Joy to Those Around Him

I often devote a lot of time complaining or sharing the hard things in life. Lately, that's been involving Evan. I need to devote some internet space to Ryan.
Ryan, you are a sweetheart. I know that I can easily get upset with you, but you are a bright, curious, and funny three year old.
You enjoy patterns. Either creating a pattern of objects, like lining up the dried pasta in the hallway that Evan put there. Or creating a pattern of actions like taking a sip of orange juice, then a bite of eggs, then a bite of bacon and then a bite of pancakes.


You love it when people laugh and are learning that jokes can be pretty hilarious. Your favorite one is probably: Knock Knock. Who's there? Interrupting cow. Interru....MOO!
Your latest though: Why did the chicken cross the road? To come to your house! Knock Knock. Who's there? CHICKEN!
You are my cuddle bug. You get it from your daddy. But you would love to cuddle with someone more than probably anything else.
You love people! You like to say hi to everyone you can, you make friends with strangers quicker than I like and probably quicker than they like. You seem to crave attention from other little kids. You love going to playgrounds when there are other little boys or girls there more than going with just our little family. I'm sorry that I don't give you enough pretend time and playtime more often. I hope that I can teach you how to be a good friend and caring to those around you.
You have learned how to play games on my computer. You know how to find the internet and then type in a letter to get yourself to a game website like p for pbskids or v for veggietales or n for nick jr. And you are good at the games too! You enjoy books and I hope I can help you learn to love reading.
Last night our family went on a late night walk. You deemed yourself King of the Trees and I was your Queen. Daddy and Evan were knights. You then became a knight yourself and I had myself the three musketeers.
I know its hard to grow and be yourself when your brother sits on you, hits you, and pulls your hair. Thanks for having some days when you are able to not get overly emotional or upset about it. Thanks for showing empathy when others are hurting.

I love you Ryan. I am so grateful you are part of our family. You bring a lot into my daily life and a beautiful (or "cool" as you would correct me if I were speaking) dynamic to our eternal family.

5 comments:

B said...

Haha, great jokes! We love you too, Ryan. What a sunshiny, "cool" boy. :) He is incredibly blessed to have you be his mother, Megan.

Kristen said...

I think that all happens with second children- and each additional to a greater degree! But I'm sure Ryan will be glad someday to read this about himself at such a fun age- and I LOVE the chicken joke! :)

Marci said...

The Interrupting Cow joke is one of my favorites, I'm glad that he loves it too! That is a classic that he will remember for ever! I can't believe he is 3. I guess it has been a while since I was one of your RAs, because he was a little guy then! What a fun boy!

Love, The Riemans said...

Megan, I love seeing that you still blog and I love reading about your beautiful family. I love you--and Happy Mother's Day.

Nicole said...

I love my 3 year old too! I keep telling her she should stay 3 forever- I'm pretty sure that's where it's at.