Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In Love


Recently, I had someone share with me current/leftover feelings from a certain year in my marriage that was several years ago. It wasn't that I'd forgotten that time in our life, but I've been living each day. We've been improving each day.
When we got married, we were sealed and given the promise that if we obey the commandments given to us, that we can be together beyond this life and into the eternities. that important step that we both went into whole heartedly has made a difference in where we are now.
Shortly after our marriage, I remember discussing the topic of cleaving unto your spouse and what that means. Then I had an experience where I learned how important it is to discuss problems with your spouse and not with someone outside of the marriage. No matter what others say about us, there are only the two of us on this earth who can truly understand what our relationship is, where it is going and how.
I am devoted to my husband. I made the decision to be one with my husband. While I'm grateful for the families from which we've come, what is most important is Oliver, our relationship and this family we've created. The challenges that we've gone through and overcome and deal with daily alongside the joys and blessings are what makes my life. My relationships with my three boys is what makes up the little parts of my life. We are not perfect, but we are both dedicated to each other. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful companion for this world and the world to come.
Eight years. We've been married for eight years. We've been dating for nine and a half.
I may not get as excited on a daily basis as I did eight years ago, but I definitely feel not only how much I love Oliver, but how much I am in love with him. We balance each other and we support each other.
Happy Anniversary sweetheart.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a sweet post! And I learned that lesson as well- there have been plenty of times I've wanted someone to talk to about fights, etc. to get that feeling of having someone "on MY side"... but I've learned it's best to keep issues to yourself and then work them out with your spouse later. You don't want someone else knowing those things because as long as you stay together that's all that matters- not the day to day bickering that is inevitable with marriage.

However, when Ian and I were separated, I was glad that I shared that- obviously I thought my life was going to go in a different direction [divorce] and that is of course something to tell people at some point. But I'm glad I shared because of all the insights we received- we had no idea that others had been [or were] in the same boat! So I don't think we need to share the DETAILS about what we fight with our spouses, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing to let others know that you and your husband are human- you do have arguments, you have tough times, but through all of it you've stuck together and love each other more. :)

B said...

Beautiful, Megan. So genuine. Thank you. Happy anniversary!