When I stepped outside tonight, it felt like fall.
I say it smells like it, but I don't really know what that means. Perhaps its the crispness in the air. And the hope to smell a bonfire.
It also sounded like fall. I could hear the intramural games being played just to the south of me and to the northeast. Reminded me of many a fall spent sitting on a bleacher at a soccer game. And the occasional football game. I should attend more of those.
Or maybe it looks like fall. The moon was just above the mountains, in that little crook between Y Mountain and Squaw Peak above Provo Peak. It was a little less than full and the clouds were kind of surrounding it and hazing across it, blurring the edges a bit. Our parking lot is full again with residents' cars. I think we need to drive up a canyon to see if the leaves are changing colors yet.
Or maybe it tastes like fall. Last night my dinner consisted of a large tomato, salad, watermelon, mashed potatoes and squash. The squash and potatoes came from a farmer's market earlier in the day. The tomato still smelled like the plant it came from.
Fall isn't officially here for another week, but the feeling I got last night made me want to make plans. and not miss the season.
I want to get ready for the holidays soon to come. I want to decorate our home with fall colors. I want to be a better neighbor and friend. It made me want to be a little more social. I want to enjoy the season and not be stressed out by other things that are happening in my life. I can't quite explain the feeling fall gives me, but I like it and I want to make use of it. I hope you do too.
3 comments:
You are good. I can feel it up here, and I just keep thinking, "I will be cold for 6 more months." But fall is beautiful and I need to remember that!
I Do Love the seasons too!
Thanks for the visual of your fall evening. I'm so glad you can stop and enjoy the feel of fall. BUT- It's a warm summerlike day here today. Gotta enjoy that too!
Now It IS Officially Fall! Enjoy!
Post a Comment