I had thought of doing a month of gratitude posts, but the thought didn't come until a few days after the 1st of November. Now that it is halfway through, I've decided that I want to be thankful as much as possible and let everyone know about it. So today, I am thankful for The Spirit. The Holy Ghost that was given to me as a gift after I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's an interesting gift. Everyone feels it differently, but I am grateful that today I took the time to try to pay attention to it.
I'm also grateful for a quote that I heard today that I think the Spirit was telling me to remember. Richard G. Scott said in the October General Conference "we become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day." I want to be a lot of things and I am NOT being them each day. Perhaps that will be something I strive for more as each day goes. I want to be thankful. I want to be service-minded. I want to be a better mother. I want to be more aware of the Spirit. I want to be...lots of things.
What do you want to become?
1 comment:
11/14 Sacrament meeting Bishop Polay took sometime at the end of the meeting and emphasized everyone should turn back to the first hymn sung- #143 Let the Holy Spirit Guide. He reread the text and made some very thoughtful comments on these important words. The Holy Spirit DOES guide our lives, He teaches what is true, He is our guard, He saves us, the worst of the world can be shielded by our covenants, as we listen to the still small voice, the whisperings can lead us safely home, He can heal our hearts.
All this means is even though we were far apart Sunday we were pondering the Holy Spirit. Continue to Learn & Grow!
I Love you!
Post a Comment