Oliver has had an exciting summer full of camping and hiking and adventure. Labor Day weekend finally made a possibility for all four of us to go on a camping trip together. Of course, the trip started off with some drama. We drove south to get some more camping stuff, but started late and traffic was horrible and so we delayed our trip to the next morning. But the next day was beautiful and we had nice drive up the Mirror Lake Highway having an adventure driving in Grandpa’s truck. We made it to Evanston, went east a little bit then came back south to Utah and ended up camping at the East Marsh Lake Campground. Hopefully, if we keep attempting it year after year, eventually we'll be pros and as the boys get older, it'll get easier(I'll keep my fingers crossed).
Lessons we learned from our adventure.
2. Squirrels are funny.
3. Camping cooking doesn’t always work out the way you'd hoped.
4. Sometimes birds eat pancakes.
5. Evan would enjoy camping more if it involved more people.
6. Always plan for colder temps than you think.
7. Ryan is cute in his very own sleeping bag.
3 comments:
Lovely post! Thanks for sharing. :)
SUPER cute pics! I love the one about the food- you can see you & Evan playing in the background.
Have I told you I always admire your picture taking abilities. I LOVE the one about the cold temperature-too cute. It looks like fun. I used to hate camping but with kids of my own, it's fun!
Post a Comment