This has been the annual week of challenges. RA Training Week. It is great for work. It is great to finally see the dynamics of the individuals who have been hired and placed in your specific area of supervision. It is great to be reminded of all the reasons why the program is even set up to help new students transition. It is great to learn new things and witness new things and build relationships with those I work with. It is all great.
Yet it is a hard week. Long days. Travelling to and from different (and fun) locations. Lots of training so lots of sitting and listening (even though its useful, important and inspiring words). It is hard on the RAs. It is hard on the Hall Advisors. It is hard on the managers. It is hard on our families.
Not to discuss how hard it was and go into detail in that aspect, I'll just express my appreciation for today. The Sabbath Day. And I didn't have to work today. And I was with my family all day long. And it was wonderful. I love my family. I love Oliver. I love being able to see us work together and relax today.
I am so blessed.
3 comments:
Amen! Glad you had a good day of rest.
Beautiful picture! It's always good knowing that these tough training days are only the beginning- it'll change and get easier [or sometimes harder] as time goes on. Keeping perspective of the entire job helps! :)
Yeah for a day of rest! I am glad you spent an entire day with your boys.
Post a Comment