Saturday, December 5, 2009

A compiled update for the week

I don't normally do this, but just wanted to write a few things that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other.

#1 Evan started preschool this week. He was the only kid in class this week so it wasn't entirely normal yet. I took him on Monday and Oliver took him on Wednesday. He wouldn't wander far from either of us either day. One advantage of not having other children to worry about, his teacher allowed him to take his time exploring the school a little bit and just get used to being in an unfamiliar place. We're hoping that we can get to the point where we can leave him toward the beginning of the hour and come back toward the end. Ideally.

#2 I finally took a picture of our new bedroom curtains that Oliver's mom made for us. We haven't had curtains in there before and the room is really light throughout the night but this has made it better. We still need to put up one more section, but I love them.

#3 I did a little decorating for Christmas. We have several nativity scenes and last year we didn't have a spot to display them because of the reach of Evan. While Evan's reach hasn't shortened, I did find a spot where I could place the scenes. I cleared off the books and things that we didn't look at regularly enough to have them in the living room, and replaced them with these nativity scenes, our Christmas movies and music, some music books, scriptures, a vase of ornaments and a bowl of mint M&Ms(which are not lasting very long). The three black cases are our DVD collection. They have to sit there since Ryan has figured out zippers. These shelves make me happy. What makes you happy today?

5 comments:

Anna said...

That is such a cute picture of Evan! So is preschool 3 days a week? I'd love to hear more of your thoughts about it and experiences with it. What are your hopes for his progress?

Anna said...

Oh my happy thing right now is the dishes are done and the kids are in bed and I'm 1 hour ahead of schedule.

Emily said...

Love your decorations and curtains. Hope all goes well with preschool plans

Shayla Taylor said...

:) Megan! Preschool!!! So excited. I'll call you this week!

Love, The Riemans said...

I love Christmas Decorations...and curtains! I think you guys are cute--and by the way, that little nativity in the top corner looks familiar--where did it come from? We had a nativity scene laying out on my hope chest in the living room...and now, as I look over there, all I see is the stable. Trace has again done something with all the pieces (good thing it was a fun one and not an expensive one).