Playing with cousin Macy's kitchen. New toys to play with as Charlie, Chelsea, & Macy are in transition from AZ to ID.
Ryan decided to show off his growing intellect. While begging some sort of food out of my hands, I said, "Say please" and he immediately said "ls" and made the sign for please. It took me completely by surprise! I haven't been diligent in using signs all the time and hadn't that day at all so when he did it, I couldn't believe it and began to get really overly excited.
It got Oliver so excited that he began to play with Ryan to see what he would say or do. Like finding his nose and ears. Isn't it so funny how excited moms and dads get about something like a baby saying "ha da da" when we ask him to say Hi to his Daddy?
And he just finds a way to make everyone smile because he has no worry of strangers. And he is a mooch. If you have food, he'll come to you and look at you with great big expectant eyes. Basically, he's cute and I need to learn other words to use otherwise he might get a complex to think that's all he is.
With Grandma & cousin Macy in their chairs. (and all 3 munchkins looking at the camera!)Not to be left out, I am impressed by my Evan. While he still does frustrating things...like not taking a nap on Monday, falling asleep at 9:15pm(normal for some children) and then waking up at 2am Tuesday morning ready to go and play for the next 11 hours...that's right. He didn't fall asleep again until 1pm Tuesday afternoon. But he has the sweetest connections to people. He LOVES his Grandma. Whenever she comes into a room, he wants to be held by her almost more than by me. He loves to love people. In his own way, of course, but once you understand it, its so sweet. He'll lean up against you or push his face against your face or neck. He's figuring things out quickly too. Sheila, his speech therapist, came today with a toy that she thought would take him a while to figure out..as in not today. But he did. And he's figured out how to walk even though we don't have any corrective devices on his feet. And his laugh is still so infectious. I love my babies. And needed to write an update on them.
My boys. Evan..walking! Ryan...chewing on a plastic corn cob with a real carrot in hand. Oliver, tired, but loving his babies. We don't have an explanation of activities on the 4th. I love our country, but did not have time to celebrate this year due to work and desire to be with family instead of watching fireworks. :) Life is interesting isn't it?
1 comment:
It's neat when you take a step back and realize how amazing they are individually, huh? Sometimes (for me anyways) it's easy to group them together as "the boys." Your boys are amazing--and I can't wait to see them in August!
Post a Comment